Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

TV Addict Again

"Well". as they used to say in the Midlands where I grew up, "I'll go to the foot of our stairs"!yet another of my heroes has bitten the dust.  What is going on?
First of all they killed, then unkilled, the lovely Tom Ward in Silent Witness, then to my utmost alarm and consternation the wonderful Robert Powell departed from Holby City and I have just seen what for me will definitely be the last Midsomer Murders, due to the retirement of John Nettles character Tom Barnaby.
It's just not fair.
In case anyone thinks I have no interest in TV dramas without gorgeous men in the leading roles, you're quite right!
No, I suppose I still have Larkrise to Candleford and Emmerdale which are so well acted and with such good storylines they can stand alone without male leads, but while Lewis is superbly acted and in the beautiful setting of Oxford it is still seriously depleted without John Thaw.
Why should male viewers have all the fun?
On a slightly more serious note, why do TV casting departments think it's OK to continue a long-running series with a replacement actor in the leading role.  It never works!
Moan Whine Whinge!

No comments:

Post a Comment