Pages

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Bubble Bubble Toil and ..........

Among my other "close to nature" hobbies - trees, birds, sunrises and sunsets, there is also an all-consuming preocupation with 'weather'.  Often in a period of 24 hours, the only TV I watch will be weather forecasts.

Sad, but true, I will hop from one channel to another just to look for variations on a theme.  This is combined with a totally unscientific ability to fairly accurately predict what extremes of climate we may expect in the next 48 hours or so.  This I ascribe to a close affinity with 'things natural'.

Recently I remarked to a young acquaintance that we were in for a spell of very cold weather and that this would begin on a given day.  "How do you know"? he asked nervously, "because there will be a full moon that night, and the weather always changes on the full moon" I replied.

Is it only we Celts (I'm 90% Welsh and 10% Cornish) who observe nature's foibles closely and react accordingly.?

Can I hear the sound of a large crowd coming this way, what's that they're chanting? "Burn the witch"?
I'll just call the cat and get my broomstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment