Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Ringing The Changes

A year yesterday since my husband died. Seems centuries ago, so much has changed
in my life.

For the past 12 months I have continued to wear my wedding ring. Don't really know
why, perhaps habit, perhaps as a sort of amulet. Whatever the real reason have now decided
to remove it for good.

This time I do know why. For me the wedding ring is a badge of office, a statement of
status to the rest of the world. It says 'I'm married'. As this is no longer true it is time to go-
it-alone.

Does this sound like bravado: is it whistling in the dark: who knows?
One of my friends is slightly shocked by the decision, perhaps she's right. It will be
interesting to see if anyone notices. As for me, I feel somewhat naked.

Not my usual light-hearted style but then, not really a light-hearted subject.
More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment