Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Pavlovian Repsonses

An experience this morning left me initially angry, then disappointed, hurt and somewhat
surprised at my reactions. Without going into any detail let me first say that anyone who
knows me at all well would readily confirm that what is on the lid is not necessarily what is
in the box.

We all have a public face and with just a very few that is all there is, but most of us I contend
wear masks quite a lot of the time.

Whether this is a good thing is another matter. Clearly we cannot always say just what we'd
like to say and often for very good reasons we choose to modify our reactions to situations
and people who affect us emotionally. The conventions of a so-called civilised society demands


certain responses from us and rather than start World-War 3 we fall into line.



As you can see I am still wrestling with my technical inadequacies too!



What I think I am trying to say is that sometimes something other than the usual

response is necessary both for our own well-being and that of our peers.


Having let down my guard and briefly removed the customary face mask I now

feel embarassed at having made a mountain out of a molehill. Odd creatures

aren't we?

Oh well, back into my shell till the next person ruffles my feathers - how's that

for a mixed metaphor?


No comments:

Post a Comment